You May Be in the Cloud, but You Still Can’t Outsource Accountability
Learning outcomes include:
- Learning to leverage supplier relationships for cost saving beyond cost of goods sold.
- How can the use of key consortia provide stronger vendor management?
- How institutions can avoid a costly RFP process by using an E&I competitive contract
- How E&I can aid institutions in looking at their overall spend and where they can save money
- Tips and practices for how to monitor and track vendors managing critical infrastructure or software
David Houle, Senior Manager for Higher Education Consulting, BerryDunn
Mary Dukakis, Vice President, Operational Services at Southern New Hampshire University
Chris Ellingwood, Senior Manager for Assurance Services, BerryDunn
Keith Fowlkes, Vice President, E&I Cooperative Services, and Executive Director of the Higher Education System and Services Consortium (HESS)
These thought leaders will share their perspectives on:
- Growing Your Organization and Leveraging Vendor Relationships to Help Get You There. Mary will discuss the challenges and opportunities in scaling SNHU’s vendor relationships at a growing University. In addition, she will discuss her extensive experience in consortium-based procurement.
- Managing Vendor Security in the Age of Outsourcing. Chris will share his experience assessing vendor security in the age of outsourcing. He will share tools and approaches to mitigate risks that colleges and universities face, while managing the balancing act of strong security and efficient service delivery.
- Getting the Best out of Vendor Partnerships: Keith will discuss the role E&I Cooperative Services can play in meeting your needs and provide an overview of the HESS consortium and their role in negotiating favorable contracts for enterprise systems in higher education.
Mary Dukakis is the VP of Operational Services at Southern NH University. In this role she has responsibility for Procurement, Facilities, Capital Construction, and some auxiliary services. Prior to joining SNHU she spent five years at Berklee College of Music and was Director of Procurement and Campus Business Services. Mary has over 25 years of experience in higher education including positions at Brandeis University and Wellesley College. She is a past president of the National Association of Educational Procurement/New England and was a member of the E&I Board of directors for eight years. Mary received her Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Massachusetts in Amherst and her Masters of Business Administration from Babson College.
Keith Fowlkes has been a leader in higher education technology for over 25 years. Keith is currently Vice President for E&I Technology Contracts for E&I Cooperative Services in Jericho, New York, the largest non-profit buying consortium for higher education in the U.S. He is a veteran higher education chief information officer and consultant and is co-founder of the Higher Education Systems & Services Consortium (HESS Consortium), a consortium focused on and cloud-based systems (ERP, LMS, CRM, etc.) collaboration and purchasing for private, non-profit institutions. Keith is also a frequent industry speaker and contributing author for several technology-related national publications as a thought leader in technology operations, collaboration and sourcing in higher education. Keith’s professional industry blog can be found at www.keithfowlkes.com.
Chris Ellingwood leads our IT Assurance team in engagements of state lotteries, pari-mutuel industry, financial institutions, insurance companies, technology companies, and third-party administrators. Chris oversees all of the firm’s engagements within the gaming industry including SOC audits, security assessments, and risk assessments. Chris is a Senior Manager in BerryDunn’s Management and IT Consulting Group. He works closely with staff and clients to supervise SOC engagements. He also specializes in IT assurance services, technology planning, and software development life cycle consulting.