June 16-19, 2019 | Atlanta, Georgia
Hosted by the Associated Colleges of the South
2019 Summer Institute Tentative Schedule
The ACL Summer Leadership Institute has reached capacity! Please feel free to join the event waitlist.
The ACL Summer Institute consistently receives high marks from participants – which have included college presidents working to start a consortium, new executive directors, senior consortial staff and faculty leading collaborative projects. The ACL Summer Institute’s three-day curriculum is taught in an interactive workshop format with class sizes ranging from 12- 20 participants, and experienced consortium leaders serving as faculty.
Over the course of three days, you will learn what makes collaboration work; what derails it; and how to engage in consortial work through a curriculum that ensures participants understand a body of knowledge leading to effective collaboration.
The curriculum covers:
- An overview of consortial leadership, highlighting a range of organizational structures across consortia
- Collaboration, leadership, governance and vision
- Strategic planning, action plans and assessment to bring mission and goals into reality
- Communicating within and about the consortium - strategies and tactics for sharing your good work
- Financial strategies and techniques
Participants will work on a capstone project through the entire institute, and leave the institute with clear action plans and a way forward to implement their project upon returning to their organization.
ACL Institute faculty are leaders in higher education collaboration who have expertise in their subject area and deep experience in consortial work.
Summer 2019 Institute Faculty include:
- Claire Ramsbottom, Executive Director, Colleges of the Fenway; President, ACL
- Barbara McFadden, Principal, McFadden, Rocklin, And Associates
- Stig Lanesskog, President, Claremont University Consortium; Board Member, ACL
- Beth Moy, Executive Director, Southeastern Pennsylvania Consortium for Higher Education; Vice President, ACL
- R. Owen Williams, President, Associated Colleges of the South; Board Member, ACL
Institute fees include hotel stay and most meals during the Institute. Commuter fees do not include hotel fees.
All deposits and fees for the 2019 Summer Institute are non-refundable. Forfeited registration fees may be used as credit for use in a future event registration fee, and will be evaluated on case-by-case basis. Registration fees may be transferable in with ACL approval and evaluated individually.
Click here to view alumni discuss Institute outcomes.